Weekly Watch: Lathe + plastic + madness = FUN!

When I was a kid, I used to watch stuff like This Old House and The New Yankee Workshop. I had, and in fact have, no actual ambitions in the area of home repair or furniture assembly. I was just easily entertained by watching things go from 'parts' to 'usable object'.

I am a grown-up now. I am still easily entertained by this.



Peter Brown is an unrepentant geek who apparently has a lot of garage space and a very tolerant wife.  ('Very tolerant' may be an understatement. She's appeared in a few videos. She's usually holding the blowtorch.) He likes to pour epoxy over things and then stick them in a lathe to see what he can make out of this. Sometimes things other than epoxy are involved. He does actual woodworking stuff too, but it's way more fun to watch him make a bud vase out of crayons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

Fun things to feed rats