Just as a cursory gauge of interest: I've had it suggested to me a few times recently that I could teach seminars or workshops for introverts on overcoming social inertia without making yourself miserable. Would there be enough Boston locals interested enough to pay a small fee ($15-20ish?) for a class like that, to cover materials and space rental and maybe not letting the teacher starve? I'd also be happy to set up something similar to teach "basic wardrobe and makeup for geeks", all combinations of gender and style presentation welcome.

Comments

  1. Um. Maybe for the socializing one, probably for the wardrobe-and-makeup one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know where to get inexpensive meeting space at about $50/hr. So if you know another four people who would like a two-hour $20 workshop on either topic, let me know, and we shall book your semi-private lessons. :)

      Delete
  2. You could do this over Skype too, to expand your clientele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got a Skype account. They cost money. I hate webcams in general and I am very much talent who belongs on the lens side of the camera, but this thing does have one, and I know some people with decent video equipment. There is also a way to live-cast over YouTube/Google+, although I'd have to investigate further to figure out how. The meeting space I was looking at has at least one room that I know has specifically been used for videography before; I'll ask.

      Delete
  3. I second the Skype idea as I do not live in Boston but would be interested in both of these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

Fun things to feed rats