Thanksgiving of the Dispossessed

 


When I was in college, I realized that I hated family dinners and refused to attend any more of them. This left me with a great deal of free time over Thanksgiving weekend, which I used to throw a party. I invited everyone I knew who couldn't, wouldn't, or just desperately did not want to go home. 

I called it "Thanksgiving of the Dispossessed". Given the screaming dumpster fire that is 2020, I thought now would be a good time to revive the tradition. I've been doing it for years, but the suckage is new to a lot of you, so let me make your life easier! 

To help you fill that long dark teatime of the soul in which you will NOT be fighting traffic, weather, and the will of one or more over-tired toddlers to get to Grandma's house and back, I will be airing stupid comfort television (and some of my own commentary on it!) from noon to midnight EST (9 am-9 pm Pacific) on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. Gather ye your leftover turkey, your remaining wine and pumpkin pie, and your coziest pajamas, and join me for the laziest possible way to hang out with your friends and loved ones: In a chat room, while watching TV. 

Selections will range from the 1960s to today, both domestic and international, with emphasis on friendship, wacky hijinks, catchy banter, and the good guys winning in the end. Exact schedule TBD -- feel free to submit suggestions! If I play Futurama, we will be skipping the one with the dog that makes everyone cry. 

This event uses 27, a free browser extension available at twoseven.xyz, and does not require logins for any paid streaming service. Link to the screening room will be posted when the show starts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

WARNING! Sweeping generalizations inside!