Those of you who have been around a while are probably wondering where the advent calendar went. If you haven't, normally what happens is I queue up a series of short daily posts for the month of December, so I can take some time away from written work to do a bunch of live performances. I have a regular stage show that goes off in early January (two, actually -- we're the double-header performed on the main stage at Arisia), and for the past several years I've danced either a holiday show or NACHMO or both. And I tend to make most of my holiday gifts, because I'm incapable of just shopping for fancy boxes of chocolates like a normal person.

This year, of course, basically none of that is happening. The Mrs Hawking productions are still running, but in a Zoom-like format, and I've already done the taping for my show and the props for the other one. Yearly dance shows that I'm in or normally attend are broadcasting video archive of previous years. I do still have crafting to do (I don't have a problem! I can stop any time I want to!) and I have fabric for a holiday outfit, but while I normally have a hard deadline for makingaltering, or accessorizing a dress so I can wear it to an event, in 2020, it's all kind of... whatever.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

I'm out of ideas and mostly out of steam this year. I'm just going to try to post something every day. Don't know what. Might be audio, might be video, might be text, might be pictures of rats. Not a clue. But if you're all like me, you're probably not really in need of a month of coherent theming so much as just new things to keep stuffing into your head, to remind you that the world still exists. It does, however weird it is, and I'll try to keep sending out pings.

We made it to December, y'all. Just hang on until January 20.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

WARNING! Sweeping generalizations inside!