***UPDATE***

Problem temporarily sorted. Thanks to all who offered help/loans. You will be contacted about repayment as soon as my grant comes in or one or more roommates pull their head out.

Leaving the rat photo up because cuteness.

*****

tl;dr: Rent ($2300) is late. Landlord is demanding a check TODAY. I have my share but roommates are ghosting/ignoring all efforts to get them to pay. I have a grant coming but it has not disbursed yet, and I cannot cover. I can pay back loans as soon as I extort money from others. Funds to paypal.me/UnsolicitedAdvice or https://venmo.com/code?user_id=2448728627609600559&created=1643930446
Long version: I share an apartment with three other people. I think. Two of them are or possibly were a married couple. Hubby took off at the end of last month and given that he came to get his stuff with someone he introduced as his boyfriend, he may not be coming back. Wife is having a psych crisis and it is becoming apparent that, at least at the moment, she cannot really take care of herself. Remaining roommate has a litany of personal failings but the relevant one here is that he seems to think rent is a 'whenever' deal and he can just drag his feet as long as he likes.
Absent is-he-still-a-roommate is the one who normally collects rent. I'm apparently the only functional adult in the goddamn house now so I got stuck with it this month. I SHOULD have $5000 from the Mass Cultural Council by now but it hasn't disbursed yet for I don't know what reason. I have MORE than my share of the rent in checking (about $700), but not the full amount. Landlord is understandably pissed and demanding a check TODAY. I do not want to lose my affordable housing. We are month to month and if I get turfed there's nothing else affordable in the area.
I have called the Somerville Office of Housing Stability and made it clear that this is an EMERGENCY. They left me one message last night while I was at work and have not answered any of my attempts to call them back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mystery of "Himmmm"

WARNING! Sweeping generalizations inside!